Welcome to

Walking Football.com

Take a moment to register on the site so

that you keep up to date with the latest

news in Walking Football

REGISTER HERE

It's Completely FREE to Register So What Are You Waiting For?

referee referee

Alan Richards

New F.A. 'Strategy'

GY- abuse from the WFA??

You clearly don't understand how NGBs are established. Historically all NGBs have been established by a small group of commited individuals from within the sport.This was how the FA was established many years ago.

There is no legal or statutory requirement for either the NGB nor the sport to be recognised by Sport England or by anyone else.

So the WFA, as a legally established not for profit Company, is an NGB regardless of any Sport England nvolvement. For your information Sport England will also not assess a request for recognition until a period of 2 years after the NGB had been established.

Scathing remarks from whom? If you are implying this abuse has come from the WFA have you any evidence?

Have you complained to the WFA?

If so, I am sure they would be conducting a better investigation of any abuse than the miseable efforts conducted by the FA.

3 minutes ago, GONE2POT said:

GY- abuse from the WFA??

You clearly don't understand how NGBs are established. Historically all NGBs have been established by a small group of commited individuals from within the sport.This was how the FA was established many years ago.

There is no legal or statutory requirement for either the NGB nor the sport to be recognised by Sport England or by anyone else.

So the WFA, as a legally established not for profit Company, is an NGB regardless of any Sport England nvolvement. For your information Sport England will also not assess a request for recognition until a period of 2 years after the NGB had been established.

Ouch!

I had researched about how NGB's evolve and become established and that wasn't what I posted about.

I think i am correct that at this point in time as I posted the WFA is NOT listed/recognised as a NGB. However the FA is. However that is for football and walking football is not yet listed as a sport.

Abuse WFA? I wont go into details .

Sorry Gone2pot, but what you have said doesn’t really make sense.

Clearly any association, sport or otherwise related, would have been originally established by a small group of individuals interested in the cause.

Strictly speaking ‘No legal or statutory requirement’ is true but if neither the sport or the proposed NGB are recognized by or need to be recognized by Sport England or any other body then what is the point of declaring it.

If there is ‘No legal requirement’ they why does ‘legally established not for profit company’ make the WFA an NGB.

What’s important for the recognition as an NGB is the backing from the majority of the participants of the sport and that’s what the WFA do not have. Perhaps they will have one day but in the meantime they should stop this self-assumed declaration that they are.

The facts are simple.

The WFA is the only body that has been set up as the NGB for walking football in the UK. Note not just England.

After 12 months this position has not been disputed by the FA or any other sporting body.

Obviously to succeed as an NGB it needs support from the sports participants otherwise it will just fade away. Interesting that you state it does not have that support. On what facts or survey results are you basing that personal opinion?

From what I have heard at various tournaments there is growing and significant support for all the good work being done by the WFA.

53 minutes ago, GONE2POT said:

The facts are simple.

The WFA is the only body that has been set up as the NGB for walking football in the UK. Note not just England.

After 12 months this position has not been disputed by the FA or any other sporting body.

Obviously to succeed as an NGB it needs support from the sports participants otherwise it will just fade away. Interesting that you state it does not have that support. On what facts or survey results are you basing that personal opinion?

From what I have heard at various tournaments there is growing and significant support for all the good work being done by the WFA.

53 minutes ago, GONE2POT said:

The facts are simple.

So how many clubs are currently affiliated to the WFA please?

I have no axe to grind regarding who is the national governing body, I do find it strange that the FA is made of county association s that in theory are accountable for what they do and exist in the real world, whilst the other groups exist in the digital world, with no direct contact with local groups ,so how it been seen as a national organisation,

• Thanks 1

Incorrect Brendan:

1. The County FAs are independent and are not accountable to the national FA. Hence some Counties do a lot in supporting the sport but some do nothing. That is the real world. Surely you haven't missed all the media criticism of the FA which shows that the FA do NOT exist in the real world?

2. The WFA is a real, not a digital, body staffed and supported by a growing band of passionate walking footballers. The WFA communicates to all clubs via a monthly newsletter. and also organises the oldest and most popular national tournament.

25 minutes ago, GONE2POT said:

Incorrect Brendan:

1. The County FAs are independent and are not accountable to the national FA. Hence some Counties do a lot in supporting the sport but some do nothing. That is the real world. Surely you haven't missed all the media criticism of the FA which shows that the FA do NOT exist in the real world?

2. The WFA is a real, not a digital, body staffed and supported by a growing band of passionate walking footballers. The WFA communicates to all clubs via a monthly newsletter. and also organises the oldest and most popular national tournament.

What do you mean by most popular?

Always like to get the facts right - Gone2Pot - never did trust Nigel Farage and his £350 grand a week to the NHS 

When did the WFA (take it formerly the WFU) National start? Was it 2015? Think the entrants were under 20? This year think the total Club entries were around the 80-90 mark with some clubs doubling across age groups giving around the 120/130 total entries. Peoples Cup (run by the FA and far from perfect!) started 2015 - would guess and yes it is a guess first year they perhaps had 60-80 teams in it - understand last year it was over 200?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Walking Football Bedford said:

Always like to get the facts right - Gone2Pot - never did trust Nigel Farage and his £350 grand a week to the NHS 

When did the WFA (take it formerly the WFU) National start? Was it 2015? Think the entrants were under 20? This year think the total Club entries were around the 80-90 mark with some clubs doubling across age groups giving around the 120/130 total entries. Peoples Cup (run by the FA and far from perfect!) started 2015 - would guess and yes it is a guess first year they perhaps had 60-80 teams in it - understand last year it was over 200?

My thoughts exactly and why I asked what criteria gone2pot was placing on popular.

By the way how many teams did you say we're currently affiliated to the WFA.........oh you didn't did you.

The WFA/WFU Nationals started in 2014 and is therefore the oldest walking football national tournament in the world.

Are you really referring to the Peoples Cup as a walking football tournament?

It was a small sided football tournament for oldies, as anyone who had the misfortune to be involved will confirm.

18 minutes ago, GONE2POT said:

The WFA/WFU Nationals started in 2014 and is therefore the oldest walking football national tournament in the world.

Are you really referring to the Peoples Cup as a walking football tournament?

It was a small sided football tournament for oldies, as anyone who had the misfortune to be involved will confirm.

Is that abusive to all FA Peoples Cup participants calling them 'oldies'?

I had the 'misfortune' to be part of a team that won it as well, as others have stated it is far from perfect, much like most walking football competitions, the FA recognise this and who knows next years may be better. I am sure the WFA nationals have still encountered joggers and cloggers, blue and red cards.

Your Opinion Counts - Become Part Of The Largest Online Walking Football Community Today

Become a Walking Football.com member to share your view

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Walking Football Tournament Photos

Featured Partner

Social Media

Like Walking Football?
    Then Please Take A Moment to Like Us
    On Facebook & Share Our Site