Welcome to

Walking Football.com

Take a moment to register on the site so

that you keep up to date with the latest

news in Walking Football

REGISTER HERE

It's Completely FREE to Register So What Are You Waiting For?

referee referee

Alan Richards

New F.A. 'Strategy'

Gy. I am sorry that you cannot spot the difference between abuse and badinage. Your sensitivity meter is clearly set too high.

Anyway we have moved off topic. I was merely showing Brendan that the WFA were not just a digital body and did operate nationally.

57 minutes ago, Walking Football Bedford said:

Always like to get the facts right - Gone2Pot - never did trust Nigel Farage and his £350 grand a week to the NHS 

I am loathe to reply to  a post which  introduces politics to this forum WFB,  but the quote on the side of the bus was a 'VOTE LEAVE' slogan and had nothing to do with Farage  (or UKIP) who was outwith their campaign. You were right not to trust it, however.

32 minutes ago, GONE2POT said:

Gy. I am sorry that you cannot spot the difference between abuse and badinage. Your sensitivity meter is clearly set too high.

Anyway we have moved off topic. I was merely showing Brendan that the WFA were not just a digital body and did operate nationally.

Anyway I must be an oldie as I can't seem to remember your answer to how many teams are currently affiliated to the WFA thereby perhaps giving them some credibility to their claim of representing the masses.

Regarding my sensitivity meter it is always best to remember that 'abuse' is often in the eyes of the receiver and that should always be considered when engaging in bandage. (Must admit to having to look that up as I had never heard of it before) Much like I have never heard an answer to my question about affiliated WFA members. I reckon somewhere in the region of 10.

Gone2pot - no mention in your reply now of most popular?

With regard to the Peoples Cup - interesting that your current 50+ Champions Birmingham have found it a worthwhile competition having reached the finals for the 3 seasons that it has been played - as have a number of other sides that enter your own national competition? 

Alan - thanks for comment - not sure if that's a double negative or double positive;)

Still awaiting an answer to what facts you have used to state that the WFA does not have the support of the Sports participators. That was some time ago, and you chose to ignore what is clearly a difficult question for you to answer.

Such debates are futile and frustrating when only one side responds fully, and the other party is selective to avoid personal embarrassment, after making statements that they cannot justify.

If you wish to know how many clubs have affiliated why are you asking me? Who knows. I don't think the FA even disclose that.

Ask the WFA.

Re the teams entering both the Peoples Cup and the WFA Nationals I understand that they use the PC as a warm up for the real thing.

If any of you had the priveledge of seeing the high standards displayed at last week's National finals then there really would be no debate about the relative merits of the 2 tournaments.

7 minutes ago, GONE2POT said:

Still awaiting an answer to what facts you have used to state that the WFA does not have the support of the Sports participators. That was some time ago, and you chose to ignore what is clearly a difficult question for you to answer.

Such debates are futile and frustrating when only one side responds fully, and the other party is selective to avoid personal embarrassment, after making statements that they cannot justify.

If you wish to know how many clubs have affiliated why are you asking me? Who knows. I don't think the FA even disclose that.

Ask the WFA.

I have asked John Croot but he chose not to answer and I suspect that you are some way connected to the WFA as well and in possession of the details of clubs affiliated to the WFA, but if it is not in your interests to disclose the actual number so be it.

Most of the clubs I have spoken to have confirmed affiliation to the WFA, so your guess of 10 is as wildly inaccurate as your previous unsupported, ignorant and unexplained statement that the WFA enjoys no support from the sport's participants.

56 minutes ago, GONE2POT said:

Most of the clubs I have spoken to have confirmed affiliation to the WFA, so your guess of 10 is as wildly inaccurate as your previous unsupported, ignorant and unexplained statement that the WFA enjoys no support from the sport's participants.

I never made that statement did I? And is that a bit more abuse calling me ignorant?

I could argue that most of the club's I have spoken to have NO affiliation to the WFA, but that is a waste of words much as your last response.

To my knowledge no clubs in Lincolnshire are affiliated to WFA but more than a dozen are affiliated to the county FA. I do recognise that in other locations this will be different but if no one is willing to supply the actual figure then I am sorry but I struggle to see how the WFA can claim such overwhelming support.

Bit quieter on here tonight, everyone must have gone out. I will have to make do with Strictly😎

No controversy on there.......oh hang on a minute what about Aston?....and that's not Villa!

Wonder how many clubs are affiliated with WFA?

The FA, in my opinion, are jumping on the walking football bandwagon, but do nothing in return, it could be argued about the Peoples Cup and a trip to Wembley, but I don't know many teams that like to play on pitches with boards, takes all the skill out of the game, if the FA want to do something, at the very least, get a tournament going at St Georges Park and charge a reasonable price, the one next year is £184, how many small teams can afford that? The WFA rules are the most common sense ones I have encountered and when I run a tournament next year, they will be the rules I use.

1 hour ago, kevinuk8162 said:

The FA, in my opinion, are jumping on the walking football bandwagon, but do nothing in return, it could be argued about the Peoples Cup and a trip to Wembley, but I don't know many teams that like to play on pitches with boards, takes all the skill out of the game, if the FA want to do something, at the very least, get a tournament going at St Georges Park and charge a reasonable price, the one next year is £184, how many small teams can afford that? The WFA rules are the most common sense ones I have encountered and when I run a tournament next year, they will be the rules I use.

The tournament at FA St Georges is run. By a company called One Tournament. The upcoming FA workshops are trying to establish ,what, if any the tournaments the walking football community want.

Some want competition, some want festivals, some want friendlies and probably the majority want recreational walking football.

The FA are not jumping on anyone's bandwagon. Steve Rich should be applauded and commended for his efforts in assisting the development of walking football. He has done a massive amount of good work. BUT he is no longer the only person with ideas about the future development. He has some, so does the WFA, so does the FA (when they finally get round to communicating them!!!) But more importantly so do clubs all around the country, Bedford, Wiltshire,Manchester, Tameside, Grimsby, Caistor, Barton, Boston, Stamford, Birmingham, Heanor,Barnet, Uxbridge etc etc etc (apologies to the hundreds I have missed out)

And that fact about ALL being involved is at the crux of the matter. Mr Rich, Mr Carr, Mr Croot may have something to offer but so do I, and many others around the country. Mr Carr invited me to consider being part of the WFA several months ago as I have some credentials around national learning/training programmes and am also a walking footballer and a county registered referee. I offered some suggestions around referee development which is were the offer from Mr Carr came from. However due to the communications shared on social media I decided it would be hypocritical of me to become involved with the WFA at that point. However I still supplied Mr Carr with an outline of what I thought could be a blueprint for the development of walking football referees. I have also shared this with national and county FA groups.

Through the national FA I feel we have a set of laws that when applied properly can assist in the development of walking football. They need amending. The WFA laws are currently in my opinion well intentioned but poorly written. They need amendment.

Our county FA through affiliation have provided our club with public liability insurance and limited personal injury insurance. Access to FA affiliated competitions, referees and the support of an FA development officer.

bash a few heads together and we may get this right before the split becomes too large.

I know Steve Rich, Paul Carr and John Croot, I am also involved some way with the WFA.

I know about the tournament next April and the company running it, try and get a game organised between 2 teams at St Georges Park, I was quoted £300 last year, that could be more this year.

It is easy enough to organise a walking football tournament, besides doing one earlier this year, I have also advised others, and they have turned out to be successful.

If you are at the over 60s finals tomorrow in Solihull, I shall be there also, look for the guy in the standing area with the long grey beard.

Your Opinion Counts - Become Part Of The Largest Online Walking Football Community Today

Become a Walking Football.com member to share your view

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Walking Football Tournament Photos

Featured Partner

Social Media

Like Walking Football?
    Then Please Take A Moment to Like Us
    On Facebook & Share Our Site