Welcome to

Walking Football.com

Take a moment to register on the site so

that you keep up to date with the latest

news in Walking Football

REGISTER HERE

It's Completely FREE to Register So What Are You Waiting For?

referee referee

referee

Walking Football Scotland

FYI - Walking Football Scotland launched this afternoon.

About Walking Football Scotland

Mission

To improve, maintain and promote the physical, mental and social wellbeing of older adults through walking football.

Aims

• To engage and work with all walking football groups/clubs, partners, participants, local authorities, health services and any other organisations interested in the development of walking football.
    • To manage, support, develop and promote walking football in Scotland 
    • Increase participation of Walking Football in Scotland 
    • Create and support a sustainable competition structure throughout Scotland at all appropriate age levels in conjunction with existing competitions that encourages full social integration.
    • Develop refereeing and leadership pathways.

Objectives 

To achieve the above aims, Walking Football Scotland will focus on the following key tasks: 

Participation 

Increase participation in all age groups with a strong focus on the 50 plus age category and to raise knowledge, awareness and access to walking football throughout Scotland.

Support 

Walking Football Scotland will support local groups/clubs and individuals by offering resources and information, enabling them to develop their programmes and effectively recruit members and volunteers. 

Social Inclusion 

Walking Football Scotland will help deliver and support projects which aim to increase walking football opportunities for individuals from disadvantaged and other minority groups. We will also aim to provide the opportunities and environment for these individuals to develop life skills, such as leadership and team work skills.

Promotion

Walking Football Scotland will publicise and promote the sport to the membership and general public in order to support and facilitate the growth of the sport across the country and in particular the health, wellbeing and social inclusion benefits of walking football.

Events

Walking Football Scotland will strive to deliver, organise and support a programme of competitions and festivals (working with existing competitions and partners) and will be responsible for the selection and administration of representative teams if and when appropriate.

Education

Walking Football Scotland, in partnership with the Scottish Football Association, will be responsible for the development of the Refereeing, First Aid and Coaching Framework and will establish a nationally recognised qualification pathway in Leadership, refereeing and coaching.

You can visit their official website here:

https://www.walkingfootballscotland.org

walking football scotland.jpg

I really do wish you well and Good Luck.  But I have to disagree with the statement on your website... walking football is not "like a standard game of football where players walk." Define it however you wish but...No overhead balls, No tackling only blocking, One step penalties etc. etc. maybe there are different rules in Scotland. In my personal view to confuse walking football with Association Football is doing both games a dis-service.

Just felt it was worthy of a comment to be honest.  I think a new association for Scotland is brilliant - and can do  a lot of good up there. The Scots love their football...and I love Scotland.

The two games are often conflated (I think that's the right word)   but there are many differences which people should be made aware of - only my opinion but it's the only one I've got.

No mention of the self appointed national governing body for UK walking football on the new Scottish website, nor are they listed as a partner. (Sorry couldn't resist it)

Also interesting to note that it appears that their board have been elected into office.

Good Luck to Walking Football Scotland.

Interesting.
     I note the Walking Football Scotland also says it will be responsible for the selection and administration of representative teams if and when appropriate, how will therefore the proposed WFA Scottish national team work ? maybe it won't. Seems a good approach perhaps we should adopt it and have Walking Football England

Maybe we should all use a different statement for Alan,s sake.

How about something punchy and quick like :

Walking Football is based loosely on the Beautiful game we all love but its more like the small sided version with no overhead height, D shaped areas, No heading, No Tackling just blocking, No slide tackles and one step penalties , No Running or Jogging, its Walking , however we still use football nets at both ends albeit sometimes big and sometimes small, we use football pitches albeit sometimes big or small and sometimes indoor or outdoor, we use Football refs(if your lucky), we use Goalkeepers (if your lucky) and we use Footballs.

I am happy for anyone to adopt this statement or add anything important i missed

All the best to Walking Football Scotland

Edited by Wiltshire Walking Football

55 minutes ago, Wiltshire Walking Football said:

I was trying to have a joke and direct the thread away from becoming yet another WFA/FA thread.

Oh !  Well we don't need anymore of those Wilts,that's for sure. Our senses of humour might be on different wavelengths,but never mind eh? We can at least agree on summat.

Shares You View - Become Part Of Our Community

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Walking Football Tournament Photos

Featured Partner

Social Media

Like Walking Football? Like Us