Welcome to

Walking Football.com

Take a moment to register on the site so

that you keep up to date with the latest

news in Walking Football

REGISTER HERE

It's Completely FREE to Register So What Are You Waiting For?

referee referee

Keith

Footwear

Thanks that is very interesting comments it is becoming clear that there are obviously plus and minus for types of footwear. Good to get fed back from people who have suffered injuries while playing that can be attributed to footwear. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Keith said:

Thanks that is very interesting comments it is becoming clear that there are obviously plus and minus for types of footwear. Good to get fed back from people who have suffered injuries while playing that can be attributed to footwear. 

Agree Keith. A conversation worth having.

Conclusions on safest footwear?

Slippers ! :D

Stay at home.  We can never eliminate risk, merely minimise it. I'll stick with Astros myself ( at £60 - they are going nowhere)

• Like 1

I don't think footwear was the only contributing factor to my injury - apparently women are also more susceptible to this type of injury, and artificial surfaces are notorious. You're right Alan, we can never eliminate risk. 

• Like 1

Off of the back of this discussion, can anybody offer some advice please ?

As I mention before, the club I play for plays on the main grass pitch of the club and therefore want to protect the surface by restricting the use of studded boots.

So my question is this; does anybody have any suggestions as to which are the better boots to wear in such conditions taking into account playing on a grass surface but also preserving said surface.

My current astroturf trainers with dimple soles do not seem adequate but I do not know if there are better options (I did look at some Puma King trainers and they looked like having pretty good grip) ?

Posted (edited)

You may have seen this...if not it may help....my own view is for walking football the ages of players and fragility of feet from impact and pressure from above  I'd only ever wear Astro Trainers, and would hope others did the same. Of course, not all will. I've played in them on grass wet and dry with no problems. The odd self-induced tumble aside.

Footwear-Surface-Guiide-3G.png

Edited by Alan Richards
    added more text.
    • Like 2

Hi all, we play on 3g and I have just got some pimple type boots, Adidas Goletto, at Sports Direct for £32,  Will ley you know how I get on.  For the past 2 yrs I've worn an old pair of Asics gel trainers, no stud, really designed for jogging, but they've been great as they have the gel that gives you a bit of 'bounce' and stops my calves getting sore.  The slightly thicker soles also took out any impact when I sidefooted the ball, which how I mostly ( and badly)play WF.  Not had any problems turning or slipping but thought I ought to get the pimple stud types now as the asics are worn out

Most new 3g pitches , you are not allowed to wear Astro Boots, my understanding is that the older type surfaces, normally found in " goals" type centres with board you can use both. All the latest 3g/4g pitches insist on moulded studs, The link below is what is normally issued to the user, i believe this is down to maintain the longevity of the surface.

Personally if its a good quality 3g pitch, such as Bedworth United , Keele University and Solihull Football Centre you wouldn't want to wear Astro's anyway. Love Puma Kings they are the most comfy Ive found 

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=https://www.footy-boots.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/best-football-boots-for-artificial-turf-3g-table.jpg&imgrefurl=https://www.footy-boots.com/what-are-the-best-football-boots-for-3g-and-artificial-turf-41070/&h=280&w=645&tbnid=FtYp9h5p1tz2lM:&tbnh=91&tbnw=211&usg=__JYE3L8nmjVUPHG3BNN9CyI2ZbTU%3D&vet=10ahUKEwiS4_21377YAhVlL8AKHXT_DRAQ9QEIYjAA..i&docid=t9ba25W-I2fa1M&client=safari&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiS4_21377YAhVlL8AKHXT_DRAQ9QEIYjAA

The GMWFL at the state of the art Heywood Sports Village is perfectly happy with Astro trainers on their very up to date 3g.

Chart was by 5-a-side.com Wilts, not me. I merely reproduced it here in  an attempt to be helpful.

Re my post of 3rd Jan, played with them and they worked perfectly on 4g surface at Lincoln City.  Must be as I scored a rare goal.

• Like 2

Glad your purchase was worth it hope you score a great number of goals in future Andy. 

• Like 2

Your Opinion Counts - Become Part Of The Largest Online Walking Football Community Today

Become a Walking Football.com member to share your view

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Walking Football Tournament Photos

Featured Partner

Social Media

Like Walking Football?
    Then Please Take A Moment to Like Us
    On Facebook & Share Our Site