Walking Football.com

Take a moment to register on the site so

that you keep up to date with the latest

news in Walking Football

REGISTER HERE

referee referee
  • Language Selector

Barnsley Pals Walking Football

We were formed in January 2015 at play at The Barnsley FC ground where our sessions are in the Academy Gym in winter and outside on the training pitch when weather permits in summer (otherwise indoors) Just turn up at the Academy building about 10 minutes before. No equipment needed just sportswear and non studded trainers or boots. Please let us know if you have any relevant health conditions. All welcome regardless of age ability or sex. We are a friendly group who enjoy a competitive game in our sessions. We have a trainer/referee who tries to keep us to the rules

Our session times are

Wednesdays 12.00 - 01.00 General session. Open to all abilities. Age generally 50+ but we have several players in their 70's and some younger but who have had to give up competitive play through injury

Friday 12.00 - 01.00 (numbers permitting) This is again open to all but is usually rather more intensive so the Wednesday sessions are best for those wanting a taster

We play friendlies, compete in tournaments and play in the Sheffield and Hallamshire league which is due to resume in Jan /Feb 2017 

Grimsby 2015.jpg

Hello -  you are close enough to be on our radar for a friendly game at some  point in the future. Home or away.

Is this the kind of thing you might be interested in going forward? Maybe when the seasons change and we have better weather. We play weekdays usually mid morning kick-off. Outdoors with touchlines. But are happy to adapt. When in Rome etc :-)  Wednesday or Thursday best for us. Costs are low. Similar to yours.  If we 'entertained' you at our Denton 'home' we would put this down to development and there would be no venue costs to yourselves. If this is not appropriate just now please keep our name in mind .

We are Tameside Striders - the mild bunch. :-)

www.tamestriderswalkingfootball.org.uk

Hi

Thanks for this. We are looking for friendlies so would be happy to play in Barnsley at 12.00 on a Wednesday. Should be able to offer a tour of Oakwell for anyone interested. As we are booked for that time anyway there should be no cost to you. Probably indoor with cones so the pitch size can be adapted to the number playing. We can also come to you. Most of our players are retired so we can do most times. Just let me know suggested dates and I will discuss it with the group on Wednesday

All the best

Alan

Hi Alan - good to make contact and thanks for responding.

We would be pleased to come over on  a Wednesday morning for a midday kick off. Indoor is fairly new to some of us but as I think I said - 'when in Rome' etc.

I presume you don't play off sideboards then as you mentioned cones? We can play up to seven , or even eight a side whichever suits your pitch. Most of us are in our sixties but we do have a couple of players in their fifties. I suggest twenty five minutes each way after a 5 minute warm-up with a two or three minute breather for half time. WFU rules OK? . What colours do you play in?  We can play in red and black stripes as an alternative but our main colours are white shirts/black shorts/black and white socks. We also have a yellow kit available. Do you have a photo of your pitch available to share or link to?

How does February 22nd. sound? It's  a Wednesday and we could come to you.  March 22nd. would be a good date for a return at our King Street ground (outdoor with touchlines) up to 8-a-side. Perhaps an 11-00am kick off. If you'd prefer the following day - Thursday so as not to interrupt your regular session that will probably be  alright too.  I will need to book our pitch but can't see a problem. We usually play Tuesdays at 10-00am but that time and day's  an option as those games are our priority still. No cost to yourselves if you come over. Have a chat with your players and we'll take it from here.  We are a friendly bunch - results matter, of course they do but they aren't important. Making new friends and contacts within the game IS. Would you have any objections to photography and/or video of the match at your place?

If we all get on and enjoy these games we can offer you another venue for a game in our area v The Nash Amblers who play at Tameside Stadium - home of Curzon Ashton F.C.  About 25% of the players would be the same but it's a different vibe at a non-league football venue. We are trying to arrange a June festival there  - but more on that later in the year.

As for a tour of Oakwell ? What  a bonus! Would love that speaking for myself and most of the guys. It's a ground I haven't been to and older football stadia fascinate me - recently visited Bootham Crescent for the first time - proper ground :-)  'The Etihad' all very well but it's a bit sterile.

If you want to continue this conversation via email instead of on the public forum please drop me a line at [email protected] and I will get back to you.  Thanks again Alan.

Alan

Hi Alan

I had an email  from Jake and responded.  Still waiting for final confirmation as there were issues around time of arrival and a 12-00pm kick-off etc. We are happy to travel over and looking forward to it.  A nice distance for an away game I think.   Some of our guys are curious about the venue. This must  be a BIG gym to allow up to 8-a-side/ Don't suppose you have any photo's?

A shame you won't be there but I'm sure we'll meet up eventually.  Cheerio for now.

Hi Alan

A slight problem is the league have now fixed our dates from Jan 2017 which are last Wednesday in every month and 22nd Feb is one of those days. Can we move to a week or two after please? I've told Jake.

As to the Gym. This is the only photo I can find! 3G surface and about the size of an aircraft hangar

IF you can do the later date I'll be able to play so hope you can.

All the best

Alan

Thanks for this. We are looking for friendlies so would be happy to play in Barnsley at 12.00 on a Wednesday. Should be able to offer a tour of Oakwell for anyone interested. As we are booked for that time anyway there should be no cost to you. Probably indoor with cones so the pitch size can be adapted to the number playing. We can also come to you. Most of our players are retired so we can do most times. Just let me know suggested dates and I will discuss it with the group on Wednesday

All the best

Alan

GYM.png

Hi Alan

I had an email  from Jake and responded.  Still waiting for final confirmation as there were issues around time of arrival and a 12-00pm kick-off etc. We are happy to travel over and looking forward to it.  A nice distance for an away game I think.   Some of our guys are curious about the venue. This must  be a BIG gym to allow up to 8-a-side/ Don't suppose you have any photo's?

A shame you won't be there but I'm sure we'll meet up eventually.  Cheerio for now.

Hi Alan - that would be March 1st. Just  a  couple of days before some of our players are committed elsewhere. The 8th might be better I will get back to you and Jake within  a couple of days after I consult.

Cheers.

Alan

Shares You View - Become Part Of Our Community

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now