Welcome to

Walking Football.com

Take a moment to register on the site so

that you keep up to date with the latest

news in Walking Football

REGISTER HERE

referee referee

Seen on the WFA site today. 

THE WALKING FORMAT HAS PROVEN TO BE FAR TOO ILLUSIVE FOR PLAYERS 50+ SO THE TIME HAS COME TO CONVERT TO THE GAME ALREADY WIDELY PRACTICED - REGULAR FOOTBALL FOR THE SENIOR PLAYER. RUNNING, CONTACT, PHYSICALITY ACCEPTABLE.

6 hours ago, wfcHarborne said:

THE WALKING FORMAT HAS PROVEN TO BE FAR TOO ILLUSIVE FOR PLAYERS 50+ SO THE TIME HAS COME TO CONVERT TO THE GAME ALREADY WIDELY PRACTICED - REGULAR FOOTBALL FOR THE SENIOR PLAYER. RUNNING, CONTACT, PHYSICALITY ACCEPTABLE.

This has really got my goat and made me signup tonight after reading this on twitter.

HOW the hell can this site now tell us we cannot call waking football walking football anymore.

Who do these men think they are for gods sakes?

Totally unbelievable

Oh and for the record super vets I am going to continue to play walking football thankyou and I am over 60 so F off telling me what I can and I cannot do

• Like 1

Another example of the pure arrogance of the WFU/A so yes an off from me too. I think GA has it right though, it is propaganda designed to get a reaction so they can write even more fake news. If there was any truth in it then it would be the end of the WFA , Supervets would not come under it’s umbrella and a new national governing body would be a non-starter as it is covered by both the FA and the UKMA. Thus it would also be the end of Steve Rich.

Can’t see it, GA is right unless they have met with the FA and agreed collaboration and boundaries.

The website is just the same as the current walkingfootballunited one so there is no reason to think it is FA related. It is easy enough to set up a simple website and particularly so if it is just a copy of or link from another. Like you though I also think there seems to be something odd going on again. 

I HAVE RECEIVED INFORMATION ON THIS SITE PERTAINING TO THE ABOVE THREAD.

UNLESS THE STATEMENT IS RETRACTED I WILL HAVE NO RECOURSE BUT TO PROCEED WITH A FORMAL COMPLAINT TO THE POLICE UNDER THE MALICIOUS COMMUNICATIONS ACT WHICH READS AS FOLLOWS:

Offence of sending letters etc. with intent to cause distress or anxiety.

(1)Any person who sends to another person—

(a)a [F1letter, electronic communication or article of any description] which conveys—

(i)a message which is indecent or grossly offensive;

(ii)a threat; or

(iii)information which is false and known or believed to be false by the sender; or

(b)any [F2article or electronic communication] which is, in whole or part, of an indecent or grossly offensive nature,

is guilty of an offence if his purpose, or one of his purposes, in sending it is that it should, so far as falling within paragraph (a) or (b) above, cause distress or anxiety to the recipient or to any other person to whom he intends that it or its contents or nature should be communicated.

(4)A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable—

(a)on conviction on indictment to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years or a fine (or both);

(b)on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 12 months or a fine (or both).

(5)In relation to an offence committed before section 154(1) of the Criminal Justice Act 2003 comes into force, the reference in subsection (4)(b) to 12 months is to be read as a reference to six months.

(6)In relation to an offence committed before section 85 of the Legal Aid Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act 2012 comes into force, the reference in subsection (4)(b) to a fine is to be read as a reference to a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum.]

Yes what a joke !!!  but touche , Walking Walt have you not felt distressed and anxious since the specific insults you have received from this person and GA you too.  

Hi Admin

I think you were a bit harsh on Fast Kev as he only said he thought Steve Rich must be unhinged if he thought people would believe he had made that website announcement as a belated April fools joke.

If Steve Rich wants to know what nasty is read this -

"I feel obliged to once again to turn my back on platforms such as this as they do nothing but frustrate, and far too often offer just that small window of opportunity for small minded egotists like GY Ancient Mariner to vent spleen on any social platform that tolerates his odious intimations. BackChat, Twitter and now here. Shameful, meddlesome, divisive. You are not alone though - the pit has many a distasteful viper. Enjoy your keyboard."

That is posted by Steve Rich on this site here https://www.walkingfootball.com/topic/156-the-peoples-cup/?do=findComment&comment=300 I think it is important you keep this post on the site because it is paramount that anyone considering joining the WFA need to know what type of person is heading it up and what they will be contributing to financially.

That is of course if GY Ancient Mariner agrees to. But if it were me I would because people need to know who they are dealing with and Mr Rich does not look to good posting such nasty comments himself. It would be a shame if they were removed for the good of the game.

All of my fellow players refuse to deal with Steve Rich now because of his attitude and his post shows his views in black and white - Do not let other walking footballers fall foul of a man who can publicly make statesments like that - It is in the interest of the game moving forward that this information remains in the public domain.

Well said Scottie and Admin removed it for me because I am afraid I am a bit of a scardicat at my age.

I really don't want the police after me which he was threatening me with and it could have caused my wife to have a heart attack if they knocked on our door.

But you got him to reveal his true colors GY Ancient Mariner well done and it makes his attack on me look silly and yes unbelievable

I will now sleep tonight after all.