news in Walking Football

REGISTER HERE

referee referee
  • Language Selector

referee

ask john croot Walking Football Player Transfer Fees

Question

Hi John,

Firstly I wanted to say it is great to have you on board here at Walkingfootball.com

With the explosion of more and more leagues, tournaments, trained referees and official walking football rules, do you think with humans being human and looking for a competitive edge, that someone will offer the top walking football players a fee to join their club?

To sum up, do you think transfer fees (financial or otherwise) could ever become part of walking football and if so, how long could it take to happen?

6 answers to this question

I think any sort of transfer fees would not feel right.  The games was created on the back of a project that was about a healthy,  fun and social agenda. The last thing we want is agents involved, what age would the youth policy start ? 40

• Like 1

its not so really a weird question

I know sunday league pub players over the years have been head hunted to move from one club to another and they never had the chances for champions league and world cup tournaments walking footballers are going to have

15 hours ago, GY Ancient Mariner said:

Please tell me and others you are messing

Hi,

The topic came up after a game a while back.

A couple of players thought it might happen one day in in the future whilst others thought it never would.

Have to say it would be a sad reflection on how the game has developed if it got to that point - even if people gathered better players together to go 'pot hunting'. Thankfully the vast majority enjoy a day/night out kicking a ball in a recreational session. Sincerely hope the tail never wags the dog!

• Like 2

Gosh. I hope not. We don't need our own pyramid. Walking Football is  a fun thing first and foremost.

I think trying to turn it into something else that smacks of elitism would be a huge mistake.

It's not football. Let's not treat it as such. Some people clearly revel in a bit of success ,  in winning pots and trophies and that's all very well. Ultimately though, this mind-set WOULD  lead to transfer fees and bungs. I hope it doesn't happen on our generations watch.

Shares You View - Become Part Of Our Community

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now