Welcome to

Walking Football.com

Take a moment to register on the site so

that you keep up to date with the latest

news in Walking Football

REGISTER HERE

It's Completely FREE to Register So What Are You Waiting For?

referee referee

Good to see five teams in both divisions now.

Looking forward to this despite availability and injury problems for The Nash Amblers. We are not weakened much, if at all though so it will be good to see different players in the shirt.  I fear May might bring selection headaches.

Should be another interesting day. Hope the rain holds off.

Hi Alan, the problem will be when we have 12 teams - then it will be 3 divisions of 4 teams until we can recruit more teams to add to the divisions. I know only 3 games isn't ideal when the divisions consist of 4 teams but hopefully we will get there eventually.

I can confirm that the deadline for registration for the Over 65's Cup Tournament (goalkeepers can be 60+) on 9th June is the 2nd June.

Snap_2017.03.23_14h46m17s_001.png

• Like 1

I only know what went on in Division Two today so I look forward to seeing the other results in due course.

Another session of intense, but enjoyable walking football with good refereeing.  The non to minimal contact policy almost worked.

We did well. The Nash Amblers came away with four wins out of four this time but that's not the reason for this post. We're not carried away with wins nor too dejected by defeat. Results matter, but are not too important.  Taking part  and ENJOYING it is the name of the game. Hence we make sure ALL of our squad get game time. We did suffer one (tournament ending) injury, after  a foul  and some needless, minor verbal exchanges but today was a positive experience for our squad as a whole.

98% of the play involving The Nash Amblers and our opponents was fair, reasonably paced and well officiated.  Thanks to the organisers, and the superb venue.

• Like 1

'Good to hear Alan. We will get there If we keep trying. I am interested by your minimal to no contact comment. Is that a realisation that no contact isn't really achievable but minimal contact when applied properly can almost control the over physical?

There is a move to non-contact with Referee's penalising all but the lightest of contact. Heavier contact occurred just once or possibly twice in  an hour,  which made it all the more glaring and needless. I personally missed it by eye, and our cameraman by then was not great as I was on the pitch, and not filming!  An isolated instance for sure. I will make some videos of our fixtures available in the coming days. Some will say there was running - of course they will. I'm not sure you'll ever stamp that out totally. If there are other over 60's teams within striking distance of this league who want competitive games they should join it - IF they play the game in the right way, as we witnessed today 99% of the time. I repeat my earlier comment - the Referee's were very good and knew their stuff.

• Like 1

The biggest difficulty is the ball played up to the feet of the centre forward with the centre half behind him ( excuse the positions but it is easier to understand) 

Is the foul awarded for backing in or the centre half trying to come through ? 

My view is that it should be interpreted the same as a rear end car shunt, i.e. It is always the fault of the car behind being too close and unable to stop in time.

Thanks Alan, sounds like the league is trying to get things right. 

VC is right about the 9 v 5 challenge being the most difficult to interpret but hopefully as players learn more about non/minimal contact these confrontations will change as well. Keep up the good work guys.

Some links to video from games featuring The Nash Amblers, Fleetwood Flyers, Maccabi Old Codgers & Blackpool Very Senior Seasiders are to be found on various pages of our website.  Blackpool link on the front 'News' page. Camera work variable, touchline comments often one sided.9_9 - nothing too controversial, (he hoped)  link below....

<HERE>

The Greater Manchester Walking Football League held a Rochdale Over 65's Cup Tournament on 9th June. The winners were Rochdale AFC Strollers, with Widnes taking the runners up spot. Full report here

Rochdale AFC Strollers,, Runners Up, Rochdale Over 65's Cup Tournament.jpg

Widnes, Runners Up, Rochdale Over 65's Cup Tournament.jpg

The Nash Amblers have entered a second team into the  Over 60's Autumn league and we all look forward to taking part.

The Nash Bees will be joining the Amblers. 

Hopefully there will be three division of five teams.  We look forward to renewing old acquaintances and established rivalries in  a well supervised competition we can all enjoy. Not too long to go now until it all kicks off again.

The Greater Manchester Over 60's Walking Football League have a  vacancy for one more team for it's Autumn league commencing 1st September. This league now has 14 teams in 3 divisions, is well organised and extremely well refereed on brand new 3G pitches, has great facilities and is near the motorway network.

We have teams from the Fylde coast and Yorkshire as members, join now while you have the opportunity.  Deadline for registration is  25th August. Use the Contact Us page on the website or phone 07443 900290.

GMWF League Autumn Poster.png

Updated GMWFL Logo.png

The Greater Manchester Walking Football Over 60's League kicks off the Autumn season on Friday 1st September. An update on the season  is here. Fixtures for the September session are now on the league website here or on our FA Full Time website here.

598df08853bb6_UpdatedGMWFLLogo.png.9b2177032ff3c29958f3af4fa92a6154.png.

Shares You View - Become Part Of Our Community

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Walking Football Tournament Photos

Featured Partner

Social Media

Like Walking Football? Like Us