Welcome to

Walking Football.com

Take a moment to register on the site so

that you keep up to date with the latest

news in Walking Football

REGISTER HERE

It's Completely FREE to Register So What Are You Waiting For?

referee referee

referee

league LINCOLNSHIRE FA Linx Walking Football League 2017

Lincolnshire FA’s dedicated walking football programme, Linx WF, is launching a new league to support developments in the game.

Lincolnshire now has 22 sites or clubs playing regular walking football of which 10 teams will compete in the league over two divisions (over-50s and over-60s).

The league will play from a central venue at the University of Lincoln over four fixture days starting on Tuesday.

The league will adhere to the FA’s Walking Football Laws of the Game, which centre around the key principles of no running, low contact and no overhead-height kicks.

The affiliated league will be officiated by qualified County Football Association registered referees.

For more information please email [email protected] or telephone 01522 596584 / 07813 459589

LINCOLNSHIRE FA Linx Walking Football League.jpg

I refereed three of the fixtures today. Great spirit shown by players. One game was very close and became very competitive, however threat of blue cards slowed 'runners' down and a couple of public warnings regained order.

Very enjoyable day and looking forward to next weeks fixtures.

Grimsby Corinthians got off to a good start with two wins having taken a little while getting used to barriers as we don't have them at our home venue.

Well done to all the teams involved today, keep it up and good luck to all those in the over 50s division tonight.

• Like 1

Over 50s league concludes tonight but the over 60s finished their fixtures this afternoon. Grimsby Corinthians needed just one point to clinch the title but Welton Imp could catch them if they slipped up. Unfortunately for Welton Grimsby were first up against a depleted Spilsby Strollers side and ran out easy winners to take the title. Welton and Stamford played out a very good tight game which saw Stamford take victory in a great advert for walking football. This meant that Grimsby Corinthians could go through the league programme if they win their final game against Welton Imp. Welton fought strongly against Grimsby and ran out winners with a 4-2 scoreline inflicting Corinthians only defeat. 

I refereed 3 weeks out of 4 and on the whole found it an enjoyable experience. I tried to clamp down on running and I feel that the message is getting through. Players tackled carefully and responsibly overall, but again learned lessons that you cannot commit those niggly tackles from behind. Very little dissent and none of it prolonged. One or two blue cards issued and no reds. Well done players.

I hope LinxWF feel that the league's have been a success and introduce another in the new year. Room for some subtle changes but overall it has been fun.

Congratulations to all involved , Sophie from LinxWF, all the clubs involved, my fellow referees and most of all to Grimsby Corinthians, Champions in their very first competition.

Shares You View - Become Part Of Our Community

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Featured Partner

Featured Links

300_250.png