Welcome to

Walking Football.com

Take a moment to register on the site so

that you keep up to date with the latest

news in Walking Football

REGISTER HERE

referee referee
  • Language Selector

Opinion is divided elsewhere.  I have slowed it down and by the current definition he is walking. Just goes to show how very difficult this game is to officiate accurately. In fact it's probably not far from impossible to get it right every time.

I would probably say that is more a fast walk than running or speed walking and in all fairness if you look at all the other players around him, even the defending team they are all doing exactly the same, so in my opinion the goal should stand and what we see on the video should be accepted in walking football as it is more like speed walking than running

• Like 1

Very difficult call. I've run it through several times and to be honest, I wouldn't like to say either way. Luckily, I'm not a referee.

If nothing else, it goes to show what a difficult job walking football referees have when officiating games and why abuse, dissent and arguing with match officials is NEVER acceptable under any circumstances.

Sometimes you may get away with a slight transgression of the rules, sometimes you won't.  If you're "pulled up" then accept it, suck it up and let's all get on with the game.

• Like 1

Definately 'Running" or "Not Walking" if you prefer. Looks like both feet off the ground at the same time, although I haven't bothered with any slo-mo. 

Recreationally, I'd blow for the infringement, and we'd all have a good laugh, because  I bet he's a persistent offender. If it was the last minute and the team were 6-0 down or up, I'd probably let it go, and again have a good laugh. 

• Like 1

Shares You View - Become Part Of Our Community

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now