How long have you played Walking Football?
Just about one year.
2) Why did you first get involved with Walking Football?
Saw the Barclays TV adverts.
3) How many times a week do you take part in Walking Football sessions?
One - on a Thursday evening.
4) Describe the buzz you get having the opportunity to play a team sport again at your age?
Absolutely love it - I played at quite a high level for a long time, and missed the buzz, the banter, the team spirit.
5) What one or two things do you currently do in your training sessions that you think are important to avoid injury?
Do run regularly, to keep fit.
Also stretching is very important.
6) Have you played competitive Walking Football, if so which tournaments?
Yes, played in a couple of tournaments recently - enjoyed those immensely.
7) Has your diet changed since you have started playing Walking Football? If so what is different?
Not really, I have a fairly healthy diet.
8) Do you feel fitter and healthier since you have started playing Walking Football and if so in which ways?
Yes, in conjunction with my running, definitely feel fitter.
9) Have you had any injuries playing and if so what were they?
Recently none, but have had numerous injuries over the years.
10) Do you always have a club member present who has had first aid training at your games and training sessions?
Yes at Barnet fc.
11) Has your social life changed since you started playing, and if so in what way?
I have joined the Facebook page, get involved in the 'banter'.
A great bunch of guys.
12) What are your best and worst memories of playing Walking?
I unfortunately am very competitive, so love winning (and competing)
Worst is bad weather, as we play outdoors.
13) How else has playing Walking Football affected your life?
Generally helps me keep fit.
14) What do you like most about Walking football?
A competitive edge, meeting some great guys, and hats of to the main men who organise the events
15) What do you like least about Walking Football?
Generally nothing - it is great fun.
16) What are your goals for the future when playing Walking Football?
Keep playing regularly, get involved with the many tournaments, and enjoy each session.
17) What advice would you give to someone who would like to play but is nervous about approaching a club or attending a Walking Football session for the first time?
I was nervous the first time - I hadn't played for about 5 years - I knew no-one - but was welcomed from the first minute.
18) What do your friends and family think about you playing a sport again at your age?
They are astonished.
They think it is great - they know playing was always my great passion in life, and I'm at it again.
19) What are the costs involved in order for you to play Walking Football?
£3 a session.
20) Anything else you’d like to share?
I'd like to thank the guys who take their time to organise the sessions, tournaments etc.