Hero
  • Language Selector

wfcHarborne

Stop Press

33 posts in this topic

Seen on the WFA site today. 

THE WALKING FORMAT HAS PROVEN TO BE FAR TOO ILLUSIVE FOR PLAYERS 50+ SO THE TIME HAS COME TO CONVERT TO THE GAME ALREADY WIDELY PRACTICED - REGULAR FOOTBALL FOR THE SENIOR PLAYER. RUNNING, CONTACT, PHYSICALITY ACCEPTABLE.

... and the Website has a new title "Super Vets United". Not sure what Noel Fitzpatrick will say about that!

I don't read it like that FK. Just the portent of a fork in the road up ahead. But I'm far from skilled in deciphering motives.

6 hours ago, wfcHarborne said:

THE WALKING FORMAT HAS PROVEN TO BE FAR TOO ILLUSIVE FOR PLAYERS 50+ SO THE TIME HAS COME TO CONVERT TO THE GAME ALREADY WIDELY PRACTICED - REGULAR FOOTBALL FOR THE SENIOR PLAYER. RUNNING, CONTACT, PHYSICALITY ACCEPTABLE.

This has really got my goat and made me signup tonight after reading this on twitter.

HOW the hell can this site now tell us we cannot call waking football walking football anymore.

Who do these men think they are for gods sakes?

Totally unbelievable

Oh and for the record super vets I am going to continue to play walking football thankyou and I am over 60 so F off telling me what I can and I cannot do

1 person likes this

Another example of the pure arrogance of the WFU/A so yes an off from me too. I think GA has it right though, it is propaganda designed to get a reaction so they can write even more fake news. If there was any truth in it then it would be the end of the WFA , Supervets would not come under it’s umbrella and a new national governing body would be a non-starter as it is covered by both the FA and the UKMA. Thus it would also be the end of Steve Rich.

Can’t see it, GA is right unless they have met with the FA and agreed collaboration and boundaries.